(Karshner friends, I cannot believe it about Sarah -- wish I could have at least seen everyone's reaction to her return. Amazingly AWESOME!)
So first, let me tell you what I don't feel. I don't feel regret, or disappointment, or frustration. I don't feel like I made the wrong decision. In fact, God has been gracious in making very clear that I am supposed to be here right now. No doubt. I'm at peace with where I am and so delighting in all I have here in Thailand.
Yet at the same time, I am feeling deeply sad that I'm missing out on life with all of you, and I'm kind of afraid of what the future holds (I know, this I shouldn't feel). I want so badly to trust God in these next few years...but it is so hard. I always knew I was a planner, but I didn't realize a synonym for that is control freak. I have to know what's happening all the time.
So I will find rest in what I do know. I know that God will make clear my next step when the time comes. I know that God is in control (even when I think I am). I know that God's plans for my life are far better and greater than my own. I know that His love for me is unfathomable.
I am hoping, pleading that I can go back to Puyallup in the next couple years and, in a sense, continue what was started there. But, this too, He knows. And though my battle cry sometimes turns into a weak, hesitant whisper, I will still surrender...for He is worthy.
Jesus, my life is yours.
One thing God has spoken, two things I have heard. That you, O God, are strong, and that you, O Lord, are loving.
-Psalm 62:11-12a
The Puyallup School District will be that much richer for having you after your experiences in Thailand.
ReplyDeleteI heard about Sarah Saturday at the shower from Charissa. That's great news! I hadn't had a chance to catch up on your blog until this morning so I didn't know that you had been recalled!! I'm sitting here trying to process this and feeling all that you've very eloquently already expressed. I join you in surrendering. All my love to you, dear one. SJ
ReplyDeleteI can't believe it Holly!! I feel sad and proud at the same time. We all miss you here but I know that you are following your dream and you will soon be grounded in a place God has chosen.
ReplyDeleteLove Dad